If you have a lot of resources to upload or large files, it may be easier to use the bulk import process. If you do not see this functionality and need it in your portal, please request it via a ticket on this Web Services US Support Portal
. If you have the Reseller Resource Center installed please follow the steps outlined below.
Importing Resources is a multi-step process.
1) You need to upload your resource files
to the server. Web Services US will set up FTP access for you to upload your files. Once you have uploaded your resource files, you can proceed to the "Import Reseller Resources" page.
2) Log in
and go to your "Site Admin" page.
3) Click "Import Reseller Resources"
under "Reseller Resources" on the left side of the "Site Admin" page.
4) On the "Import Reseller Resources" page, you select who should be able to view this set of resources
(i.e. Approved Dealers). Each import needs to correspond to one access level. You can also download the latest Reseller Resources Template file
to structure your resource data before importing.
After selecting your access level and downloading the blank template file, click "Next".
5) Now you will need to fill out your template file
For each resource, you need to enter the following fields in the appropriate columns in the Excel template file
- Resource Import ID: ID field you can use to identify your resource and update it in the future. This field is only visible by admins
- Title: Public facing title of the Resource
- Category: Must match the existing Categories exactly (or you will create a new category)
- Local File: If the resource is an uploaded file, enter the full file name in this column. This must match exactly.
- External URL: If the resource is a website link, enter the URL in this column.
- YouTube Video: If the resource is a YouTube video, enter the URL of the YouTube video in this column.
- Keywords: (Optional) You can enter keywords that the user can use to search for this resource
- Start Date: (Optional) The start date that this resource will appear in the Resources. If you leave this blank, the default will be today.
- End Date: (Optional) The last date the resource will appear in the Resources. Use this field if you know you want to hide the resource after a certain date.
- Archived: (Optional) TRUE or FALSE. Set to "TRUE" if you want the resource to be archived (hidden). If you leave this blank, the resources will be visible.
Note: You must enter 1 of the following: Local File, External URL, or YouTube Video.
6) Click "Choose File" to select your filled in template file
from your local computer, and click "Next".
7) On the next page, you should leave the default options selected
("Do not delete any resources", "No mapping") and click "Next".
8) The mapping page is the most important page! If you use the standard, Web Services US provided MS Excel template, you just need to confirm that all the fields match up on this page as in the image below. Make sure that the drop-down value (from the Excel File column headers) match up with the intended field. If you are not using an optional column, you can select "<Ignore>" for that column in the drop-down list. After the fields match up, click "Next".
9) The final page will display the results of the import
and let you know if there are any errors or warnings. If everything imported properly, you will see the following:
10) Finally, you can click "Done" and review the newly added resources